Sunday 14 July 2013

Tau Army List 2.0

I have been incapacitated of late: I got a splinter in my thumb which got infected and swelled. It needed a cream that required a bandage around it. This made it impossible to hold a miniature steady, so I haven't been able to paint. Instead I got around to a few things I had been meaning to do for a while. One of those things was re-writing my army list.

I always write an army list before collecting any minis. It may change but it gives me a goal of what I'm going to collect and paint. I've already written one which is here but I decided to change it for a variety of reasons. Most of it is for models and units that I like. For example, I'm not sold on the XV8 Crisis suits so I dropped three of them. I love the XV25 Stealth suits models but had none of them in the list. I also love the idea of the Skyray and drones  but had none of them either. Unfortunately, to fit all of that in, I had to drop the Riptide but it will feature when the list expands to 1750 or 1850 points. So on with the list:




HQ:
Shas'O'Sio'era'sha'is (Commander Cyclone) - commander with XV8-02 Crisis Iridium Battlesuit, Puretide Engram Neurochip, Neuroweb System Jammer, shield generator, advanced targeting system, and 2 fusion blasters                                                                                                                                                 185
Saz'nami'D'verl - XV8 Crisis bodyguard with airbursting fragmentation projector, flamer and target lock   57
Shas'El'Dak'e'shi - commander with drone controller, target lock, missile pod, burst cannon and two marker drones                                                                                                                                                   147

Troops:
Team Elan'ro - 8 fire warriors led by a Shas'ui                                                                                          82
Team Ka'mesa - 8 fire warriors led by a Shas'ui                                                                                       82
Team Kauyon - 8 fire warriors led by a Shas'ui                                                                                        82

Dedicated Transports:
Ra'Vral - devilfish with sensor spines and decoy launchers                                                                        88

Elites:
Team Rra'naga - 5 Stealth Suits, 4 with advanced targeting systems, led by a Shas'vre with target lock and fusion blaster                                                                                                                                         182

Fast Attack:
Team Kor'vesa - 12 marker drones                                                                                                       168
Team - Kir'la                                                                                                                                          66

Heavy Support:
Ves'ron'or'es - Skyray Missile Defence Gunship with disruption pod and smart missile system                 130
Mont'ka'm'yen - Hammerhead Gunship with submunition rounds, blacksun filter and automated repair system, piloted by Commander Longstrike.                                                                                            181

Fortifications:
Defence line                                                                                                                                            50

                                                                                                                                                 1500 points


So there it is, tell me what you think. There is all of the basics, anti infantry, anti tank,  and anti air, but tell me if i missed something

No comments:

Post a Comment