First up, I cleaned up the bases, removing the small amount of flash from the edges, then washed them in cool soapy water. This is standard for resin. then, to be sure, I sprayed them with a light dusting of purity seal from GW. This prevents any remaining release agent from damaging the paintjob.
I primed them black with a spray. It was only a light dusting, to get something down so I could basecoat it properly.
The basecoat is Castellan Green.
I then dry brushed on the old GW Scorched Brown. I have since replaced it with Doombull Brown. I made sure to leave plenty of green in the recesses though.
I washed the whole bases with Athonian Camoshade. This darkened them and tinted them greenish.
Finally I drybrushed the brown on again to bring it out a bit more. This is a matter of preference depending on how dark and how brown you want your bases to be.
The final stage was to paint the trees on the bases. I wanted them muted, so you'd know what they were but they wouldn't take over the base or the model. I painted them with Rhinox Hide, drybrushed them with Tyrant Skull and finally washed them with Agrax Earthshade.
In terms of flock, I did the test model's one as they are done in the video above... more or less.
First off I made some tufts of field grass, cutting them to the right height and dipping the ends in PVA glue. I then cut the glued ends flat, leaving some glue at the base of the tuft, and attached it to the base with superglue. I attached the clump foliage (underbrush) around the tree, again with superglue. i then mixed the fine earth with PVA glue to make "moss" and "painted" this onto the tree stump. Lastly, I put some silicone sealant around the model's feet and then added water effects.
So, please tell me what you think.